Monday, March 06, 2006

my nightmare

I have declared war on my family. They haven't done anything evil or wrong. I am on code red. Rose's best friend has lice. Please whisper this I don't want it getting around. I remember being terrified when I had lice as a child. I wasn't the only one who paniced. My aunt took it the hardest. She wouldn't come anywhere near us for days. I am pretty sure she is still going to counseling for the ordeal. My mother and grandmother went through my sister and my hair inch by inch with a tiny comb. I at the time had hair down my back. It took hours to go through it. Then next day having lived through the ordeal my sister announced our condition to the neighborhood. I could have killed her. So I have now gone through my own tiny families heads like a crazed baboon crawling all over both Liams and Rose. I found nothing. My head still itches. Liam is enjoying himself he likes being picked over. So for the next few days I will be combing through everyone's heads until I feel I have conquered this!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was the same when we were kids. It will pass with time. Hang in ther...Bernita

Anonymous said...

Oh no, hope it gets better..Oh and I don't mind if you show Alex's pictures. Love ya,
Cristie

Suzer said...

How scary... I remember when I was a counselor at McKeever and there had been an outbreak in the group before us. They made us all stand in a line and have our heads checked. It was so embarrasing. It creeped me out because it reminded me of a prison film. Then I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking the kid with lice might have been sleeping in my bed. Good luck, and try not to comb everyone bald!

Anne said...

Head lice, yeah we have been there toooo. Hairspray/gel are sometimes good to use as the little things do not like it, I think it is toooo hard to hide in. Just a thought. Oooooh now I am itching. Anne L