Friday, March 31, 2006
I need a hobby! I declare this because today I took to following the gardner around. She had nothing to do because I had raked the leaves and swept the porch and weeded and so on. So after following her around for 15 minutes I went into the house and sat down. I had nothing to do. So I need a hobby anyone have any suggestions? Perhaps I should be a pig farmer! Because if I don't get a hobby I may drive everyone crazy here in the land down under!
Thursday, March 30, 2006
Wednesday, March 29, 2006
Monday, March 27, 2006
Please buy me this. I have been ever so good. I would love you forever. I have nothing to watch on TV. This is one of my favorite shows. You know you want to buy me this. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE YOUNG RIDERS The Complete First Season 1 One DVD TV
Item number: 9117511428
You know that you remembered to put on underwear today...
|Your Observation Skills Get A D+|
We all know how true the above statement. In our house we like to play the game "where are my keys" or "I had my sunglasses just a minute ago." I am pretty sure we have little goolies that steal my things when I am not looking and move it to some place strange like the refrigerator. So I ask you how observant are you? Cuz I can't even find the remote! Now where did that go?
Sunday, March 26, 2006
Okay I am looking for anyone who wants to join me in what was up until this weekend my new life plan. So what happened? Food happened. I became a maniac! I hurt my neck earlier in the week so I gave my self the night off from the gym. Then I said well I can't cook healthy food because I hurt "Liam can you bring home dinner from *fill in the blank*". So my life went on like that for 4 days and now I am paying the price. I have gained back nearly 2 weeks worth of work. I am stressed and ready give up. But I am not going to! I go the gym for an hour on Monday and Wednesday and I am going to be strict with myself this week. I was just wondering if anyone else wanted to loose a great mass of weight? I figured out that Rose is 10 pounds lighter then what I have to lose and I have a hard time picking her up so... I am walking around with a 6 year old strapped to my waist and I am ready to shed this whinny beast. So if you would like to join me leave me a note or an email and well send each other loving notes like "Hey lard ass get out of bed" and "Yes those jeans do make you look fat". Skinny people need not apply.
Saturday, March 25, 2006
Let's get this party started
I'm tired can I go home?
This is hard work
Run, forest, run!
So concludes Rose's first sports day where fun was had by all. It was a rumor around the Corinth camp that little Rose will probably be team captain in a few years.
Friday, March 24, 2006
Tuesday, March 21, 2006
A backward poet writes inverse.
A man's home is his castle, in a manor of speaking.
Dijon vu - the same mustard as before.
Practice safe eating - always use condiments.
Shotgun wedding: A case of wife or death.
A man needs a mistress just to break the monogamy.
A hangover is the wrath of grapes.
Dancing cheek-to-cheek is really a form of floor play.
Condoms should be used on every conceivable occasion.
Reading while sunbathing makes you well red.
When two egotists meet, it's an I for an I.
A bicycle can't stand on its own because it is two tired.
What's the definition of a will? (It's a dead giveaway.)
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
In democracy your vote counts. In feudalism your Count votes.
She was engaged to a boyfriend with a wooden leg but broke it off.
A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.
If you don't pay your exorcist, you get repossessed.
With her marriage, she got a new name and a dress.
When a clock is hungry, it goes back four seconds.
The man who fell into an upholstery machine was fully recovered.
You feel stuck with your debt if you can't budge it.
Local Area Network in Australia: the LAN down under.
He often broke into song because he couldn't find the key.
Every calendar's days are numbered.
A lot of money is tainted - It taint yours and it taint mine.
A boiled egg in the morning is hard to beat.
He had a photographic memory that was never developed.
A plateau is a high form of flattery.
A midget fortune-teller who escapes from prison is a small medium at large.
Those who get too big for their britches will be exposed in the end.
Once you've seen one shopping center, you've seen a mall.
Bakers trade bread recipes on a knead-to-know basis.
Santa's helpers are subordinate clauses.
Monday, March 20, 2006
1. When his 38-caliber revolver failed to fire at his intended victim during a hold-up in Long Beach, California, would-be robber James Elliot did something that can only inspire wonder. He peered down the barrel and tried the trigger again. This time it worked..... And now, the honorable mentions:
2. The chef at a hotel in Switzerland lost a finger in a meat cutting machine and, after a little hopping around, submitted a claim to his insurance company. The company expecting negligence, sent out one of its men to have a look for himself. He tried the machine and lost a finger. The chef's claim was approved.
3. A man who shoveled snow for an hour to clear a space for his car during a blizzard in Chicago returned with his Vehicle to find a woman had taken the space. Understandably, he shot her.
4. After stopping for drinks at an illegal bar, a Zimbabwean bus driver found that the 20 mental patients he was supposed to be transporting from Harare to Bulawayo had escaped. Not wanting to admit his incompetence, the driver went to a nearby bus stop and offered everyone waiting there a free ride. He then delivered the passengers to the mental hospital, telling the staff that the patients were very excitable and prone to bizarre fantasies. The deception wasn't discovered for 3 days.
5. An American teenager was in the hospital recovering from serious head wounds received from an oncoming train. When asked how he received the injuries, the lad told police that he was simply trying to see how close he could get his head to a moving train before he was hit.
6. A man walked into a Louisiana Circle-K, put a $20 bill on the counter, and asked for change. When the clerk opened the cash drawer, the man pulled a gun and asked for all the cash in the register, which the clerk promptly provided. The man took the cash from the clerk and fled, leaving the $20 bill on the counter. The total amount of cash he got from the drawer...$15. (If someone points a gun at you and gives you money, is a crime committed?)
7. Seems an Arkansas guy wanted some beer pretty badly. He decided that he'd just throw a cinder block through a liquor store window, grab some booze, and run. So he lifted the cinder block and heaved it over his head at the window. The cinder block bounced back and hit the would-be thief on the head, knocking him unconscious. The liquor store window was made of Plexiglas. The whole event was caught on videotape.
8. As a female shopper exited a New York convenience store, a man grabbed her purse and ran. The clerk called 911 immediately, and the woman was able to give them a detailed description of the snatcher. Within minutes, the police apprehended the snatcher. They put him in the car and drove back to the store. The thief was then taken out of the car and told to stand there for a positive ID. To which he replied, "Yes, officer, that's her. That's the lady I stole the purse from."
9. The Ann Arbor News crime column reported that a man walked into a Burger King in Ypsilanti, Michigan, at 5 a.m., flashed a gun, demanded cash. The clerk turned him down because he said he couldn't open the cash register without a food order. When the man ordered onion rings, the clerk said they weren't available for breakfast. The man, frustrated, walked away.
A 5-STAR STUPIDITY AWARD WINNER!
10. When a man attempted to siphon gasoline from a motor home parked on a Seattle street, he got much more than he bargained for. Police arrived at the scene to find a very sick man curled up next to a motor home near spilled sewage. A police spokesman said that the man admitted to trying to steal gasoline and plugged his siphon hose into the motor home's sewage tank by mistake. The owner of the vehicle declined to press charges, saying that it was the best laugh he'd ever had.
Saturday, March 18, 2006
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Monday, March 13, 2006
Saturday, March 11, 2006
Friday, March 10, 2006
Rate the photos from
10 National Geographic quality
I don't expect 10's but this will help me when deciding what photos to add to my portfolio. Just say photo 1,2,3 when rating. I will add more photos if I don't become to discouraged. Thank you for your help!
Thursday, March 09, 2006
You are Zoe Washburne (Second-in-command)
|Dependable and trustworthy.|
You love your significant other and
you are a tough cookie when in a conflict.
Click here to take the Serenity Personality Quiz
Wednesday, March 08, 2006
My father is the eternal optimist. In 1960 he was 17 years old when he joined the US army. He was such a skinny, scrawny (underage) boy that my grandfather had to sign him up. He had to eat bananas and milkshakes to gain a few pounds to make the weight requirement. Not long after he joined Uncle Sam, that the police action broke out. He was sent over to Vietnam as apart of the 101st Airborne, a.k.a the Screaming Eagles. I know it was a frightening time for him but he made the best of his new world. He learned to scuba dive, bought semi precious stones and watched kickboxing. He even joined up for a second tour.
There is a great story about my father volunteering to go up a mountain to bring down a group of infantry men/radio team who's radio had broken and needed guided down. He went up and came back down no problem. When he got back he was asked by his commanding officer "how bad was it?" You see, without my father knowing it the hill had been taken and surrounded. He didn't see a thing. This is common for my father to not see a thing. That's not to say he didn't have his fair share of bad times including being shot in the leg. I am telling you this because even after the horrors of war my father can still see the good side in everyone. He believes very strongly that you make the best of where you are.
I am very proud of my father. For all my father has been through in his life he has taught me that there is always an upside that no matter how bad you feel about yourself you are a worth while person. As a child he would always sit me down and say "tell me all the good things about yourself". The paragraph below is an email sent to me by my father. I think he is a fantastic writer and a welcome voice of hope.
There are negative influences all around, but you don't have to allow them to control you. There are disappointments which regularly come along, but you don't have to allow them to discourage you. There are lots of temptations, but you don't have to let them distract you. There are plenty of excuses, but you don't need to let them stop you. You can decide to be discouraged by the setbacks, or you can decide to be motivated even more. It's your decision. You can decide to give up when the obstacles seem overwhelming. Or you can decide to persist and grow stronger. You can decide to let anger, envy, frustration and bitterness drain your energy. Or you can decide to move beyond them into a more productive state. You can decide to let your fears stop you cold. Or you can decide to let those fears and concerns prepare you to move forward. You can decide to bury your dreams down deep inside where they'll never see the light of day. Or you can decide to follow those dreams by doing whatever it takes. You can wish and talk about what you want from life. Yet what you actually end up with depends on the decisions you make as you live each moment.
Thanks dad, I love you too.
Please click on the words Screaming Eagles and have a look at this famous infantry.
Tuesday, March 07, 2006
Rose has become quite and artist. The picture on the right is a drawing Rose made while watching the Higglytown Hero's last night. I think it looks just like Ubi! This picture wasn't even drawn on my walls a definite step in the right direction!
Monday, March 06, 2006
Friday, March 03, 2006
Thursday, March 02, 2006
hope you got the letter,
and...I pray you can make it better down here.
I don't mean a big reduction in the price of beer
but all the people that you made in your image,
see them starving on their feet 'cause they don't get enough to eat from God,
I can't believe in you
Dear God, sorry to disturb you, but... I feel that I should be heard loud and clear.
We all need a big reduction in amount of tears
and all the people that you made in your image, see them fighting
in the street 'cause they can't make opinions meet about God,
I can't believe in you
Did you make disease, and the diamond blue?
Did you make mankind after we made you?
And the devil too!, don't know if you noticed,
but... Your name is on a lot of quotes in this book,
and us crazy humans wrote it,
you should take a look,
and all the people that you made in your
image still believing that junk is true.
Well I know it ain't, and
so do you, dear God, I can't believe in I don't believe in
I won't believe in heaven and hell.
No saints, no sinners, no devil as well.
No pearly gates, no thorny crown.
You're always letting us humans down.
The wars you bring, the babes you drown.
Those lost at sea and never found, and it's the same the whole world 'round.
The hurt I see helps to compound
that Father, Son and Holy Ghost is just somebody's unholy hoax,
and if you're up there you'd perceive that my heart's here upon my sleeve.
If there's one thing I don't believe
I have the song on an MP3 if you would like to hear it.