Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Prayers


I have been consciously praying since I was around 5 years of age when I first learned that you pray at night for your family and that if you were to die God would take you up to heaven. ( I still find that Prayer a bit scary). I have been noticing a change in my prayers over the last few years. I use to pray for a new bike and a boy to like me. I made deals like if you (fill in the blank) I will go to church every Sunday or I promise to be good. As I got older my prayers have become more sophisticated like "please God just let me make it to the gas station I'm on E". After Rose was born I began praying about her sleep patterns. "Please God protect her while she sleeps" "Dear God just let her sleep." Now that she is 4 and in school I pray for the same things my mother prayed for me. "Please God let her make friends, let her keep her upbeat personality and love for life." "Please God keep her safe while she is away from me." "Dear God let her enjoy school and do well." I stay up at night praying for her protection and health. Sometimes praying is the only thing that helps me get through a long night of crying over ear aches and leg cramps. It won't be long until the tears will be about a boy not liking her or fight with a friend and so the prayer chain will go full circle. I will again pray for the little things but not for me but for her. Click on the "praying hands" and get the story behind the painting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All prayers are good and generally for your kids and loved ones.
We pray for you and yours. Pop

Suzer said...

You don't have to worry about praying for yourself, because I know I pray for you everyday, and I'm sure others do to. Hugs and kisses.

Anonymous said...

beautiful story - beautiful you - love mom