Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The rain fell down!


My laundry has been sitting on the line for two days. Why would I leave the garments to sit on the line for so long? Because here in the desert rain comes when it wants to and well it came yesterday afternoon and hasn't left yet. So there it sits waiting patiently. Waiting for me to come and pluck it from its perch and reunited with its fellow linens. That is if it ever dries.


Rain

I opened my eyes
And looked up at the rain,
And it dripped in my head
And flowed into my brain,
And all that I hear as I lie in my bed
Is the slishity-slosh of the rain in my head.
I step very softly,
I walk very slow,
I can't do a handstand--
I might overflow,
So pardon the wild crazy thing I just said--
I'm just not the same since there's rain in my head.
Shel Silverstein

1 comment:

Suzer said...

"And the rain, rain, rain, fell down, down, down,..." - Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day