Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Cloth Diaper Comebacks

Clever Comebacks: From The Diaper Jungle

"Yeah, it is a pain to haul them down to the river and beat them against rocks, but it's worth it."

"Well, I save $1500.00 a year so I laugh myself to bank every Friday."

"I don't know it just seems silly to me to wrap $30.00 a week in a plastic garbage bag and throw it away....but maybe that's just me."

"What do you mean you don't have time for that? You don't have time to change your baby?"

"Oh right, washing poo off of cloth diapers is an inconvenience but if we don't then we have to wash poo off clothing, crib sheets, car seats, carpet, couches, etc. because of leaky disposables. I think we picked the easier path."

"Well, diaper duty is never fun but I sleep well at night knowing my choice doesn't involve thousands of pounds of poo wrapped in paper and plastic and stuck in the landfill for hundreds of years to come."

"Would YOU want to wear paper underwear?"

"Well, my child doesn't have diaper rash anymore so I guess their comfort is worth it."

"Oh, we have just chosen a more natural, less chemically produced, lazily dependent upon modern conveniences style of parenting that's all."

"She has a big butt you say? Well, SHE is wearing a cloth diaper underneath her clothing? What is your excuse?"

"I wouldn't wear a portable toilet on my backside so neither do my children."
Disposables diapers are the definition of wasteful, and we don't want to start our baby's life that way.

I don't want to waste my money on what will essentially be garbage...I would rather that money go into my child's piggy bank.

4 comments:

JBTW said...

So how's the folding going? Perfecting the trifold yet? How about the actual positioning of it on the baby? :) All things come to those with patience (& practice)... And a little more sleep... (I could keep going couldn't I?)

My mom & I really enjoyed our visit. She has 3 motherly suggestions: 1. Get more sleep. 2. Eat healthy well balanced meals. 3. Swaddle that baby -- treat her like a newborn.

:) I hope I get to see you again soon!!! XOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Hi Casey!
I found your blog and wanted tos ay hello... Sorry kind of off topic :/

Aimee from-UF-English-Lit-from-hell-oh-and-your-breastplate-for-fencing-can't-forget-that

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hello Kc...how's your burrito?
betg aka jbtw's mom